Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sephora Precision sponge..a beauty blender dupe?

Hey chicas!

Hope your keeping well and dolling up for the festive season. I am trying so hard to sit down and record some Christmas look videos but I'm so busy with an Indian bride at the moment. I will try to get at least 2 tutorials up in time for the 25th.

The other day i was browsing in Sephora and found a cute little yellow egg shaped sponge freakishly similar to the beauty blender sponge. 

I thought, for 50dhs (circa 13 USD) was a pretty good price to pay if it works the same as the beauty blender which retails around 20USD. 
I ended up buying it and tried it with my Studio fix fluid foundation and also my RCMA cream foundation.
The verdict? Its much denser and stiffer then the beauty blender and a lot smaller in size and does not expand like the former. 
It does however apply liquid foundation beautifully. It doesn't quite bounce the same but if you sort of dab it in it works really well to blend the foundation to a lovely airbrush finish.
I would definitely buy more of these if only they weren't such a pain to clean!
They stain, therefore however much you try to wash it, it will stain. So unfortunately I will use them on myself but not on clients as they look dirty. 
Sadly, I prefer the beauty blender, but this isn't a bad dupe for personal use. I think it works better with liquid foundations rather then cream due to the lack of "bounce".
Would I buy it again? Yes..if I figured how to get rid of the stains.

Anyway , thanks for stopping by and let me know if you tried it and what you think?
Ciao bellas!
xxx






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Beauty Blender, the little spongy hot-pink egg that has flipped and reversed our whole makeup method, in the best way possible.eauty Blender Sponge.Blend your way to a flawless face! Seeing make up is the first sign of an amateur application. Beauty Blender Dubai | UAE Online
    Shopping Websites

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...